Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Using Flickr in Robotics Class

The Flickr is a good option to students ponder in different areas through  observation of images , I thought in two activities that I want to share with you:

1.The activities in my class always is developed in team work but it is hard that students understand it, sometimes one of the members wants to build and program the robot without help. Last Week the rescue of the Chilean Miners gave to world a wonderful example that everything it is possible using Technology and Team Work. I founded in Flickr good photos about Chilean Mine Rescue and I think to use it in my class.

2.In Labor Day's holidays my family and I went to San Francisco, it is a beautiful city and took many pictures one of them it is about the  street in zig zag it's amazing place. I will show this picture of  Street in Zig Zag to my students for give to them a challenge: "build and program a robot that go down for street in zig zag, you robot must be use light sensor for that ". I think it will be a good challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm from Peru, the land of Incas and I studied informatics in my country, after finished my studies I worked in LEGO Robotics projects, it is a wonderful way to teach technology and development students skills in different areas of education. I had the opportunity to work training teacher in Uruguay, Mexico and shared the great work development in Brazil for two years. I'm married and have two busy boys, I love my family and I'm so happy for share about the technology in education and LEGO Robotics.