Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Social Networking Sites


1. The target audience for this social networking site is Anyone 18 years old or older. Orkut is an online community designed to make your social life more active and stimulating. orkut's social network can help you maintain existing relationships with pictures and messages, and establish new ones by reaching out to people you've never met before.  The website was created by a Google employee Orkut Büyükkökten for that is named  Orkut  .

2. This site launched on January 24, 2004.Google then internally commissioned Orkut Büyükkökten to work on a competing independent project. The result was Orkut. 

3. This site is popular because is the fastest, easiest to use social network. It's all about speed; you can browse photos, check out friend profiles, and view updates faster than ever. If you use video chat in orkut, you can video chat with your friends in high-resolution! It’s like talking face-to-face with them. Actually it’s working. As of August 2010[update], Alexa traffic ranked Orkut 73rd in the world; the website currently has more than 100 million active users worldwide. It is one of the most visited websites in India and Brazil

4. Orkut's competitors are other social networking sites including MySpace and Facebook. Ning is a more direct competitor, as they allow creation of social networks which are similar to Orkut's communities.

5. I consider create an account and using it, because this site is faster, simpler and more customizable and it’s the most important in Brazil and I worked there four years ago and I Think is the better way to retake friendships and talk about the news technologies in projects with robotics educational in the elementary and high school.


2 comments:

  1. It seems like a Fb-centric world, but it's a big world out there, and other cultures have taken to different social platforms. My friend works in the Phillipines and they apparently love Friendster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking blog Madaly. Not sure about the fish...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm from Peru, the land of Incas and I studied informatics in my country, after finished my studies I worked in LEGO Robotics projects, it is a wonderful way to teach technology and development students skills in different areas of education. I had the opportunity to work training teacher in Uruguay, Mexico and shared the great work development in Brazil for two years. I'm married and have two busy boys, I love my family and I'm so happy for share about the technology in education and LEGO Robotics.